The film follows serial killer and arsonist Dr. Murphy Cates, otherwise known as Dr. Troubleshoot, a member of a secret criminal organization who failed on his previous mission and now faces a multitude of new diverse threats. After various delays, the film was released on May 24, 2015, with filming having taken place on May 9. It stars Ryan Bowman, Gabe Sagherian, Austin Brinser, Jacob Doerr, Zion Figueroa, Dakota Markle and Chris Lombardo.
Serial killer and arsonist Dr. Murphy Cates (Ryan B) walks through the woods, stopping at a split trail to rendesvous with two members of a secret criminal organization (Zion J and Dakota M), who are set to give him his next assignment. Upon their arrival, the situation goes horrible when the two people reveal that Cates failed on his previous mission, and that they're there to kill him. Before they can shoot him, Troubleshoot escapes from the scene.
In the meantime, a group of three young police officers, Tim Simmons (Gabe S), Ford Georgeman (Austin B) and Randy Hopkins (Jacob D) are on a mission to apprehend Cates in the walking trail. The three come across Cates being pursued by his two assassins in a marsh, to which a gunfight breaks out, resulting in the death of Randy and the escape of Cates, who the hitmen go in pursuit of.
While the hitmen pursue Cates through the walking trail, Detective Roland Thompson (Ryan B) arrives with several of his own officers, having received a call for help from the group during the gunfight. The reinforced group heads further into the walking trail, narrowly intervening as the hitmen are about to kill Cates near the top of a hill. A second, larger gunfight breaks out, with the cops firing at the hitmen and Cates shooting at both sides. Eventually, Cates sees an opportunity to escape, and retreats from the scene. Unable to pursue their target, the hitmen are caught up in the gunfight, standing outgunned and outmatched, and both of them are eventually killed.
Following the gunfight, Tim says to Roland that he and Ford came to the walking trail to find Cates, and they won't leave until they do so. Roland offers to help Tim find the criminal, to which Tim initially disagrees, but soon gives in. The film ends with Ford and the other officers watching as Tim and Roland run off deeper into the walking trail.
- Ryan Bowman as Dr. Troubleshoot/Murphy Cates - A serial killer and arsonist who is a member of a secret criminal organization. After failing on his previous mission, he becomes faced with various "new obstacles", including the likes of a group of young police officers bent on detaining him.
- Gabe Sagherian as Tim Simmons - A young police officer who leads two of his fellow colleagues on a search for Dr. Cates. Tim's firm belief in the existence of a criminal like Cates led to him requesting permission to go off on a mission to apprehend him, despite many people thinking that Cates either escaped the state or cannot be found at all. He is eighteen years old.
- Austin Brinser as Ford Georgeman - A young police officer who goes with Tim and Randy to hunt down and apprehend Cates. While often quiet, Ford is always trustworthy and determined to fulfill any task at hand. He is eighteen years old.
- Jacob Doerr as Randy Hopkins - A young police officer who goes with Tim and Ford to hunt down and capture Cates. Randy tends to dress formally, no matter what the occasion, even if his missions involve venturing onto new grounds. He is nineteen years old, and acts as an influence on his fellow officers, including Tim and Ford, who he teams up with to apprehend Cates.
- Ryan Bowman as Roland Thompson - A young police officer who aspires to join the U.S. military in the near future. Roland is twenty-one years old, and commonly leads younger police officers on training missions or even dangerous operations.
- Chris Lombardo as De Gaule - A young police officer who is a member of Roland Thompson's team. He is eighteen years old and a longtime partner and friend of Roland.
- Zion Figueroa as Hitman "Bitly" - A hitman dispatched to kill Dr. Troubleshoot after he left traces of his existence in his previous mission. Smart and agile, Bitly was chosen for the job for a reason.
- Dakota Markle as Hitman "Joe" - A hitman dispatched to kill Dr. Troubleshoot after he left traces of his existence in his previous mission. Joe is strong and acts as Bitly's partner in their mission to kill Cates.
On October 31, 2014, LordStarscream100, Ryan B, Gabe S and Russell P got together to celebrate Halloween and also to plan a project for Ryan B's German class. That night, LordStarscream100 developed the idea to make a film titled "Dr. Troubleshoot", that would be centered around a villainous character of the same name. Russell, Gabe and Ryan agreed with the idea, and it was put into action the following day. Ryan B decided that he wanted to film the movie to be a trailer, which would be what his German project was based around.
On November 1, 2014, the group shot the beginning of the movie, which was mainly improvised, until deciding not to complete the movie and to instead use the footage they had to create a trailer for the film. The trailer was released on November 3, 2014, by Ryan B on a separate channel. Unfortunately, the trailer gained little attention, and furthermore, the trailer was not shown to Ryan's class, as he decided to go elsewhere with the project and make something entirely different. Initially, he was planning just to show the trailer to the class for fun, but he turned down this idea.
In April 2015, LordStarscream100's TV Studio teacher assigned the class a project: to create a video featuring various different shot types. Seeing an opportunity to create something new, LordStarscream100 began thinking of ideas alongside Ryan B. After days of thinking without any provoking ideas, LordStarscream100 finally thought of doing a reboot of Dr. Troubleshoot. Ryan B supported the idea, and the film went into production. By the end of the month, LordStarscream100 and Ryan B had developed a story for the film, with LordStarscream100 submitting a storyboard for it as well. Filming was set to take place on either May 2 or May 3, but since several people wouldn't be able to come, filming was postponed to May 9.
On May 8, 2015, LordStarscream100 confirmed that the film will star Ryan B, Gabe S, Sean L, Zion J, Chris L, Dakota M and Austin B. Ryan B will once more portray Dr. Troubleshoot in the film, as well as Roland Thompson, and Gabe will return to play Tim Simmons. Russell P was initially set to play the role of Ford Georgeman, as he did in the original film, but unfortunately he was not able to film on May 9. On May 9, Sean L stated that he could not attend filming. As a result, Austin B was cast in the role of Ford Georgeman. The film was shot and completed on May 9. The trailer was released on May 10.
On May 13, a very strange event occured with the film on YouTube. The film's minute long trailer began to steadily climb in views, but it also skyrocketed in dislikes. By the end of the day, the trailer had around seventy views, two likes and sixteen dislikes. The last time something like this happened was with the first Jurassic Shark trailer, in which it received two likes and nine dislikes because many people thought it was related to the Brett Kelly film. Surprisingly enough, that trailer has nearly 12,000 views, while the Dr. Troubleshoot trailer has far less views and even more dislikes. By the following day, the trailer had risen 200 views overnight and gained over 200 dislikes. LordStarscream100 realized that the strange event was the actions of a dislike bot, which is a bot designed to dislike a YouTube video many times without creating multiple new accounts.
LordStarscream100 re-released the film's trailer, with several modifications, on May 15. The trailer was once more dislike-botted, with 8 likes and 63 dislikes. The trailer was re-uploaded a third and final time on May 16, to which it has currently gained 8 likes and 48 dislikes. The previous day, one of JTHStudio's new videos was also "dislike-botted", at which point LordStarscream100 began to expect that the massive amount of dislikes was actually coming out of a glitch on YouTube. As a result of the massive amount of dislikes, as well as Ryan B's ongoing editing of the film and the first vandalism attack on LordStarscream100 Wiki, the film was postponed a week later to May 22.
Release and ReceptionEdit
Ryan B finished editing the film on May 22. LordStarscream100 spent that day making various changes to the final product, pushing the release date up a day further to May 23. However, the film had problems with uploading to YouTube, and despite the final version being successfully completed and uploaded late at night, LordStarscream100 chose to wait until the next day to make the film public. The film was officially released on May 24.
Despite receiving over 100 dislikes, due to the work of a dislike bot, the film "technically" received a positive reception, gaining a total of nine likes. However, a final reception may never be known, due to the fact that LordStarscream100 cannot tell apart the dislikes caused by the dislike bot, or the actual dislikes from people who didn't enjoy the film.
Plans were made over the next two years to create a sequel, but the project had trouble getting off the ground. Following Ryan Bowman's suspension in February 2017, the project was ultimately scrapped.
- This is the first LordStarscream100 film where Ryan Bowman plays the villain.
- The film marked the acting debuts of Dakota Markle and Zion Figueroa. Initially, Jurassic Shark III: The Revolution was going to be Dakota Markle's acting debut, as well as Zion's before he was temporarily dropped from the cast, but this was changed at the last minute when they were cast in this film.
- This is the first LordStarscream100 short film outside of the Bread's Crumbs and EdTech Enterprise series not to feature LordStarscream100 (he didn't appear in two of the Bread's Crumbs interquels, nor did he appear in An Aspiration to Excel).