Ninjago's lead actor Jack Morris, who voices Cole Hence, is stepping away from voice acting
March 20, 2018
While emailing voice actor Jack Morris about his cameo in No More Smiling, Scott received news - both of a major decision, and an unfortunate result of it.
Jack Morris, who has voiced Cole Hence in the Ninjago series, informed Scott that he is having his gender changed from male to female. As a result of this transition, Jack will be stepping away from voice acting for an extended period of time. Scott has confirmed that Jack is still set to star as Cole in Ninjago: Age of the Golden Master, and will record his lines before completing his transition. Unfortunately, due to the transition, this will be his last time portraying the character.
Jack and Scott are both excited to collaborate on the project, especially with it being their last one for the foreseeable future. Though surprised by the transition, Scott gives Jack his full support. "This is entirely Jack's decision", he says. "He's confident about it, he knows it's what's best for him, so he's got my support. My biggest disappointment is him stepping away from acting, but this is only necessary for the transition. It's very sad to see him go."
This announcement comes exactly two years after Rise of the Great Devourer finished airing on YouTube, with the fifth part airing on March 20, 2016. Since 2014, Jack Morris has been the star of Scott's Ninjago series. He was cast only two weeks before the first film was to start airing on YouTube, after the previous actor suddenly dropped out. Since then, Jack has appeared in every part and installment of the series, and even provided his voice for several trailers (most notably with the third film). Jack is one of eight voice actors who have actively participated in the Ninjago series since 2014.
A release date for Age of the Golden Master has yet to be set, although Scott plans on sending out the voice actors' lines very soon.
Fifth Creepy Guy Film Announced
March 9, 2018
On March 5, it was announced that a fifth Creepy Guy film, entitled "The Cult of the Creepy Gy in the Woods, is indeed in the works and is being planned for an April 2019 release.
Actual production has not yet begun on the film, but it is currently in pre-production. Currently, Austin Brinser, Alex Fanelli, and Russell Parkinson have been confirmed as being part of the cast, reprising their roles as the Creepy Guy/Austin, Alex, and Russell respectively, the latter returning from 2014's The Search for the Creepy Guy in the Woods.
During the production of the film's predecessor, The Legend of the Creepy Guy in the Woods,
Scott discussed with multiple cast members about the possibility of a fifth film in the series. After brainstorming concepts for a sequel to Legend, discussed it with Zion Figueroa during the production of Thrill of the Hunt. He showed interest in the project, however he is confirmed to not be returning due to scheduling conflicts. By December 2017 Scott was convinced that he could create a fifth film, and in January he began to write the film's script. He tried to get Zion to return, but despite the fact that he said he would sign on to reprise his role, he started his arts program earlier than Scott expected, and thus was unavailable for the film. However, in a surprising turn of events Russell signed on to the film, set t reprise his role from Search.
On March 5, Scott revealed the film's existence, announcing it's title, release date and details on it's plot. At this time not much is known about the film's plot, however the details released suggest a conflict between Alex and Russell and a mysterious cult, as the former seeks to find Austin and face the terrors of a mysterious horrible past, one which will affect the future. Stay tuned for the final installment of the Creepy Guy series, coming April 26, 2019!